Email Marketing Strategy
Scribly can help you create an email marketing strategy that delivers tailored messages to leads and customers to increase loyalty, brand trust, and sales.
Marketing email strategy at its finest
Email marketing is a cost-effective, direct, and personalized communication channel with customers. We love it because it’s:
- A great way to repurpose blog content and drive traffic to your site
- It boosts engagement and builds lasting relationships through segmented and targeted content
- It drives conversions by promoting your products and offers
And that’s why having an email marketing campaign strategy is so important.
What is an email marketing strategy?
Email marketing is a great way to send personalized messages to your customers or potential customers. Use it to share exciting news, promotions, or helpful tips directly to their inbox, and start building strong relationships with your audience.
Plus, with link tracking in place, you can see how many people read your emails and take action, helping you to fine-tune your strategy.
Email management strategies from Scribly
Here at Scribly, we believe that content and emails go hand-in-hand. The best way to repurpose a great piece of blog content is by sharing it in a newsletter, while emails can also be leveraged to highlight promotions and offers.
Here’s how we build our email marketing strategy:
Step 1: Understanding your audience
Great email marketing starts with a quality email list and customer base that is logically segmented. We help you target your audiences based on their interests, demographics, pain points, and preferences to tailor your email content to their needs and expectations. It’s the best way to send more personalized and targeted content to increase the chances of engagement and conversions. After all, there’s no point in sending a discount code for anti-aging products to a pre-teen adolescent or sending women’s shoes to your male audience. You want the right content to reach the right eyes.
Step 2: Creating a strategy in line with your goals
Our email marketing strategy will always align with your wider marketing goals. So, whether you’re looking to increase sales, boost traffic to your website, retain more customers, or promote new products, we’ll tailor our approach to your aims.
Here’s a free top tip, B2C customers often respond well to promotions, discounts, and exclusive offers. We recommend using email to communicate time-limited deals, special sales, and seasonal promotions to encourage conversions and get people buying! Aligning your email marketing to your social media marketing is always a good idea too.
Step 3: Crafting compelling content
At Scribly, we know how to create engaging, high-quality content that resonates with your audience. From attention-grabbing subject lines and persuasive copy, to visually appealing designs, our emails are meticulously designed to pique customers’ interest and get them reading.
Step 4: Testing, measuring, and refining
The number 1 rule of email marketing: don’t make assumptions!
We need to run A/B testing to determine what types of content your audience likes best, which subject lines get the most opens, which CTAs drive the most clicks, and what time of day gets the most views. We monitor key metrics like open rates, click-through rates, conversion rates, and sales to assess the effectiveness of our strategy, refining our approach in line with what the data tells us. Our aim is always to drive higher engagement.
Ready to discover how a Scribly content strategy
will help your business fly?
Email marketing FAQs
Work with a content marketing agency like Scribly, of course! But if you want to get started on your own, here’s how we’d do it.
- To get started, build an email list of interested subscribers who want to hear from you.
- Then, choose a reliable email marketing platform that fits your needs and design visually appealing emails that represent your brand.
- Next, you’ll want to craft valuable content that provides real value to your audience, such as product updates, special offers, or helpful tips. Remember to personalize your emails with the recipient’s name and segment your list to send targeted messages.
- Finally, monitor the performance of your emails using analytics and continuously improve by testing different elements.
Remember, you want to build meaningful relationships with your customers, enhance brand loyalty, drive sales, and take your business to new heights!
Define what you want to achieve with your email marketing campaign, gather a list of your leads and customers, and get in touch with Scribly to get started!
We’d love to say there’s a magic number here but the truth is the ideal frequency of marketing emails can vary depending on your audience, industry, and the type of content you’re sending.
As a general rule, though, you should avoid bombarding your subscribers with emails on a daily basis, as this can lead to unsubscribes and complaints. You want to find that perfect balance and find a frequency that keeps your audience engaged without overwhelming them.
Our best advice is to test and learn:
- Remember, quality over quantity. Always. Focus on sending high-quality, valuable, and relevant content rather than overwhelming your subscribers with frequent but less meaningful emails.
- Segment your email list based on customer preferences, behaviors, and interests, so you can send them more targeted and personalized content.
- Offer your subscribers the option to choose their email frequency preferences during the sign-up process. This will not only empower them but help you assess what the most popular frequency is.
- Don’t forget to A/B test.
- Rely on data (we’re talking open rates, click-through rates, and unsubscribe rates) to assess if you’re sending too many or too few emails.
Done right, email marketing is an incredibly effective tool. As long as you keep up with best practices (or have a content marketing agency do that for you), optimize your campaigns, and continuously adapt to your customers’ needs, you’ll see a great return on investment. And here’s why:
- Email gives you a direct and personalized line of communication with your audience, so you can deliver targeted messages to specific segments, ensuring that your content resonates with readers.
- It has a high ROI, as sending emails doesn’t cost much but has a huge potential to drive sales and conversions.
- You can track open rates, click-through rates, conversion rates, and other metrics, allowing you to make data-driven improvements to your email marketing campaign strategy.
- You can set up automations that trigger specific email sends to improve efficiency and help nurture leads through the customer journey.
- Email has a broad reach, with billions of active email users worldwide, allowing you to connect with a far and wide audience (just make sure you send them personalized, relevant content!).
Email marketing is an incredibly valuable and versatile tool that allows businesses like yours to connect with your customers in a personal, effective, and engaging way. Picture it as a friendly and professional digital conversation where you can share exciting news, special offers, and helpful insights directly to your customers’ inboxes.
Email marketing is important for your business for two key reasons.
First, it allows you to build strong relationships with your customers. By creating eye-catching emails tailored to your audience’s interests and preferences, you can make them feel valued and appreciated. So, whether you’re promoting new products, offering exclusive discounts, or simply staying in touch, email marketing helps you build lasting relationships with your customers, boost sales, and strengthen your brand’s presence.
Second—and this is the part that will really interest you—it’s cost-effective, measurable, and easily adaptable, giving you the flexibility to refine your approach based on valuable feedback and data.
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again, email marketing is one of the best ways to connect with your customers on a deeper level and build brand loyalty. A longer customer lifetime value? Yes, please!
With regular email communication, you’ll have the power to showcase your latest products, exclusive offers, and engaging content, keeping customers excited and informed. Plus, with automation and segmentation, you can streamline your efforts, ensuring that each email resonates with its intended recipients.