Blog content strategy
Scribly can help you create a blog content strategy that increases your online presence, builds brand awareness, and drives trust and authority to generate leads.
Blog content strategy is our bread and butter
Here at Scribly, we know just how powerful blog content can be – if it’s done right. Blogs provide the perfect opportunity to build lasting relationships with your prospects and customers, providing them with valuable information they come back to time and time again.
Whether you’re looking to create blog content to grow your keyword profile and increase your SEO score, establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry, or educate, engage, and entertain your customers, Scribly can help you plan and execute the perfect blog content strategy.
Here’s how we build a blog content strategy…
Blog content strategies from Scribly
Step 1: Getting to know your audience
If you want prospects and customers to read your blog, you need to create content they actually want to read. And that comes down to understanding who they are, and what their interests, needs, and pain points are. We help you identify what blog content they’re interested in reading through keyword and marketing research.
Step 2: Evaluating your existing blog content
If it’s additional SEO value you’re after, we need to know how your current blog content is performing. If it’s not up to scratch, we’ll need to optimize and improve it before we produce new content.
Step 3: Auditing your competitors
In a fight against your competitors, you want to come out on top, right? Analyzing their strengths and weaknesses helps us know what bridges we need to gap and what opportunities we can exploit.
Step 4: Deep-diving into keyword research
This is the bit our SEO experts love! They’ll dive deeper into the most relevant short-tail, long-tail, and query keywords you need to rank for to grow your organic traffic and ultimately be found by the right audience.
Step 5: Creating a plan
We then build out long-term content pillars to guide all future content and a quarterly content calendar to help target those longer tail and query-based keywords. All while reaching your business goals, of course.
When you’re ready, we’ll begin producing content – and we’re off to the races.
Blog content writing from Scribly
Once upon a time, blogs were all about sharing vacation photos and arguing about pop culture. But in the digital marketing era, blogs have become the VIPs of any content-powered campaign.
Scribly’s blog writing service is your personal content factory, cranking out top-notch stuff that both your audience and search engines will love. We help you plan, brief, and write your content, nailing that perfect tone and even helping you decide how often to hit the publish button.
Ready to discover how a Scribly content strategy
will help your business fly?
Blog content marketing FAQs
There’s no right or wrong answer here. 800 words is a good base line but it really depends on the type of blog and its aim. Though, we will say that the longer a blog is, the more information it offers users, and the more educational it is. Our advice? Create an outline for your blog, define the story you want to tell, research the key questions your audience has on the topic, then write as many words as needed to adequately answer those questions and get your point across.
It’s also worth researching other blogs that cover similar topics and seeing how long they are. You’ll want to reach a similar word count – though never add words for the sake of it! You still want your language to be clear and concise. Fluff and a target word count are not the same thing.
If you’re asking yourself that question – you’re asking the right question. From providing educational content to establishing thought leadership, and promoting products to increasing brand awareness, a blog can be used by businesses in so many great ways. On top of that, it can support your SEO efforts and help drive traffic to your website.
- Improve your SEO: Optimize your blog for relevant keywords and queries, and a blog can help grow your keyword profile. The higher you rank in search engines, the easier it will be for potential customers to find and discover your brand.
- Provide educational content: Blog posts are primarily used to educate and inform. Write a tutorial, how-to guide, or product review to help your potential customers better understand your products and services.
- Promote products and services: From product demos to case studies, a blog can be used to promote new products and services.
- Establish thought leadership: Want to be seen as a leader in your industry? Thought leadership blogs are a great way to share valuable insights and information to both your customers and your peers.
- Share news and updates: A blog is a great way to share your press releases and business updates.
Done right, a blog is an effective way for you to build your online presence, establish your brand, and engage with customers and followers in a meaningful way.
Starting a blog isn’t as simple as writing a few hundred words and posting them to your website. You need to have a blog content plan in place, with focused, researched and optimized articles ready to be published each week. Of course, it takes a lot of time and effort – so Scribly’s blog writing services are here to help.
If you’re set on start a blog for yourself, though, here are our top tips:
- Create a content calendar: For your blog to be successful, you need to have a long-term plan built around both your core values and the interests of your readers. We recommend planning content 3 months in advance.
- Publish content regularly: The best blogs are regularly updated with fresh new content, so you ideally want to post once a week to get your blog off the ground. You can then decrease your publication rate as you populate your blog. We’d also recommend launching your blog with at least 10 articles, so there’s plenty of content for readers to get stuck in.
- Showcase your expertise: If you’re writing a blog on a given topic, you need to have the authority and expertise to address said topic. Make sure you highlight your credentials, use trusted sources, and adequately answer key customer queries.
- Optimize your content: Wherever possible, you want your content to follow SEO best practices so that it helps you rank for relevant keywords and increases your organic visibility.
- Only publish high-quality content: Create content that is valuable, informative, and engaging for your audience. Focus on providing value and building a relationship with your readers.
- Promote your blog: From social media to email marketing, you want to share your blogs across a range of marketing channels to drive traffic to it. This will not only help to engage your readers but build a community around your blog.
- Track performance: Analyze the performance of your blogs to assess which perform best – then produce more of that type of content.
Partner with the right content agency: If you don’t have the in-house resource needed to consistently deliver fresh content, why not partner with a content agency that can plan, craft, and post your content for you? Try Scribly’s blog content writing services for yourself.
Blog content writing services are kind of our thing, so we like to think we’re well positioned to offer guidance on creating blogs.
Step 1: Choose your topic.
Make sure it’s relevant to your business and to your target market. You need to have the authority to speak on the topic and your audience needs to be interested in reading about it.
Step 2: Do your research.
Often overlooked, the research phase is the perfect opportunity to speak to other experts in the business and gather more insight, to look into what other companies are saying and read similar blogs they’ve published, and understand what your audience wants to know on the topic. You can then ensure your content is highly informative, showcases your expertise, provides a unique perspective, and answers key customer queries.
Step 3: Create an outline.
Even if it’s a thought leadership piece, a blog should never just be the ramblings of a diary. A blog is a clearly structured article with an introduction, some key main points, and a conclusion. Your outline allows you to organize your thoughts and ensure you don’t go off topic.
Step 4: Write, edit, and proofread.
Make sure you follow your business’s tone of voice, write in clear and concise sentences, and avoid grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors. We like a conversational tone with a dollop of storytelling.
In the marketing world, a blog post is an article that is published on a website or online platform. If you want to see some examples, check out Scribly’s blog.
Blog posts are typically around 1000-words long, though can obviously be shorter or longer. They cover a wide range of topics, including business news, tutorials, guides, product reviews, thought leadership, and more. They are primarily used to educate, inform, and engage a business’s target audience.
Written for an online audience, blogs are usually well structured with clear headings and subheadings, short sentences and paragraphs, and digestible bullet points. We’d also suggest adding in imagery, videos, or quotes to break up the text.