Social media content creation
Socials are great for engaging customers and driving brand awareness – but it takes time and effort. Luckily, Scribly can help with social media content creation.
Social media content that engages
Why use professional social media content writing services
If you’ve not yet dabbled in social media content creation, your first thought might well be, “Why can’t I just do it myself?” And it’s true – there’s nothing stopping you. But when you consider that over half of small businesses post to their social media profiles every single day, it’s easy to see how it can quickly get overwhelming. Not only that, but even if you are able to post daily, weekly, or even monthly, generating content ideas for all those posts can get old – fast.
That’s why working with a team of professional writers – like we at Scribly – is such a smart idea. Creating content for social media is what we do. We can write both organic and paid posts for every social network: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter… you name it.
The Scribly approach to social media content creation
While managing a personal social media profile can be as easy as snapping a quick photo of your cat, it’s a little more complicated with your business. You’ll need to maintain your brand identity and voice, while also engaging an existing audience and reaching out to a new one.
Quite the balancing act.
At Scribly, content creation is our bread and butter. Our social media content writing services are powered by a team of professional copywriters.
This experience means we can craft posts which are:
- Ready to spark conversation and engagement
- Well-researched and packed with insight
- Shareworthy, naturally
- Well-written and structured for quick comprehension
And, most importantly, genuinely interesting to your audience
How it works
Getting started with Scribly’s social media content writing services couldn’t be easier.
Here’s how it works in 4 simple steps:
- Choose one of our Scribly social media content creation packages, or get in touch to place a single order.
- Put together your request using our simple guidelines, then submit it to the team.
- We’ll assign your social media content to an expert in your niche. Want to work with us on a regular basis? We’ll assign the same writer every time so your voice stays consistent.
- Within as little as 5 business days, we’ll deliver your freshly pressed social media content ready to be posted, shared, and loved by your audience.
Ready to unlock the true potential of your business with the power of copywriting?
It’s easy to underestimate the amount of time and effort social media content creation takes. So, if you really want to produce engaging copy for your social channels, you need to be willing to put in some work (or let us do that bit for you). Here’s how to get started…
Step 1: Determine your goals and objectives
Whether you want to build brand awareness, engage with your followers, or drive traffic to your website, you need to have a clear goal in mind to produce effective content. Each piece of content should target one of those goals.
Step 2: Define your target market and create personas to represent them
What inspires, captivates, and motivates them? What needs of theirs can you respond to? What channels do they use? What type of content do they engage with? What time of day do they use social media? Ask yourself all of these questions and more before writing your social media content.
Step 3: Plan your content
Now that you’ve defined which platforms to use, who you’re targeting, and what your goals are, you need to create a content calendar. Depending on the platform, you’ll need to post anywhere from once a week to once a day. Make sure you plan ahead to have enough content to fill all of your spots.
Step 4: Create the content
Our favorite part! When writing for social media, make sure the caption is engaging, aligns with your brand, and is accompanied by strong visuals.
Step 5: Schedule or publish your content
Make sure you respond to any comments to boost engagement, and monitor the performance of each post. This will help you refine and improve your content over time.
Without careful planning and a clear content calendar, it’s easy to quickly run out of social media content. Depending on your chosen platform, you might need as much as a post a day – that’s a lot of ideas to generate. If we were to help, here’s what we’d do:
- Define the themes and pillars – These would align with your brand’s values and messages, while also being relevant to your target audience.
- Determine the frequency and timing of your posts – If you’re planning on posting every day and want to work a month in advance, you have to plan at least 30 posts ahead. You should also consider the best time to post (ideally when your audience is most active) and test this repeatedly to refine your approach.
- Create a content calendar – Assign each post to a specific day, time and channel. This allows you to schedule posts in advance and coordinate your social media marketing with your other marketing efforts.
- Track performance – Your social media content plan should evolve based on the data you’re getting. From the type of posts that perform best to the ideal time of day to publish them, your data can tell you how to maximize performance.
Want to get the most out of your blog content? Consider repurposing it. Social media is a great tool to drive traffic to your blog, as you can share snippets and tease your content to whet your audience’s appetite.
- Create bite-size snippets: Quotes, statistics, key takeaways, carousel summaries… there are loads of ways to repurpose blog content for social media.
- Tease your content: Why not build up a future blog post? If you’re going to cover a topic you know your audience is interested in, consider creating teaser posts ahead of the article being published. This will increase interest. You can then announce its publication and direct traffic to site.
- Post visuals: If your blog post features images or infographics, you can share these on social media and add a link to your blog in the caption.
- Share a shorter video: If your blog post features a long video, consider creating a much shorter one (10 seconds max) that summarizes the key points.
- Share old posts: If you’re struggling to find social media content ideas, why not reshare an old blog? Choose a post that is timeless and still relevant to your audience. Sometimes an oldie is a goodie.
If you’re wondering how to write content for social media then you probably need Scribly’s social media writing services – but we’ll share our top tips anyway:
- Keep it short and sweet: If social media has shown us anything, it’s that we have short attention spans. You only have a second to capture a user’s attention, so keep your messaging short and to the point. Clear, concise language is best. A hook.
- Make it eye-catching: The rise of Instagram and TikTok shows just how much we engage with images and videos. Make sure your posts are visually stimulating, with a high-quality finish.
- Proofread: If you want to increase your credibility, your copy needs to be free of mistakes and typos. Always proofread your content before posting.
- Use hashtags: Hashtags can help your content reach a wider audience by making it discoverable by people interested in the same topics. Use relevant hashtags that align with your content and message.
- Use a call to action: Engaging with your audience is key, so consider ending your posts with a CTA. Asking them to like, share, or comment is a great way to turn your customers into promoters.
Don’t be afraid to experiment: Social media is constantly evolving, so don’t be afraid to trial different forms of content and monitor engagement. You never know, you might just trigger the next big viral trend.
Content pillars is just a fancy way of referring to the topics and values that a brand wants to be known for. Creating these pillars for your social media strategy helps with content ideation and ensures messaging is consistent across platforms, as every post should relate back to one of those pillars.
We know you have plenty of options when it comes to social media management, so why choose Scribly?
We’re not usually the type to toot our own horn, you understand, but here’s why we think you’ll love working with us:
- A team of genuinely incredible copywriters with a wealth of experience across countless industries and verticals.
- A proven formula for social success. This ain’t our first rodeo, so we know exactly what works on social platforms… and what doesn’t.
- Anytime access to your writing team. Want to ask a question about a post? Or make a suggestion directly to your writer? No problem – just let us know.
- We deliver fast, and we deliver consistently. Social success is all about posting consistently. With Scribly, you can rest assured your next post is never too far away – and that’s a promise.