If you want to write a white paper yourself (though we can assure you that using our white paper writing services will be easier and quicker) then you need to carefully plan, research, and craft your white paper. To help you with your writing journey, here are a few of our top tips.
- Step 1: Define the problem or challenge you want to address and who will benefit from reading your white paper. Make sure you know who you’re targeting and why this topic will interest them.
- Step 2: Gather relevant information on the topic. You can either perform surveys in-house, turn to your own case studies, use other industry research, read other white papers on the topic, or consult an expert to assemble your data and insights.
- Step 3: Create a clear structure for your white paper, including an introduction, problem statement, research and findings, analysis, recommendations, and a conclusion.
- Step 4: Write! If you ask us, this is the fun bit…
- Step 5: Format your white paper. These documents can be long, so you need to keep the reader engaged. The best way to do this is with a clear flow (we’re talking headings, subheadings, bullet points, quotes, and so on), relevant visuals (think images, charts, graphs, and quotes), and a great user experience (add a cover page, tables of content, and page numbers).