Starting a blog isn’t as simple as writing a few hundred words and posting them to your website. You need to have a blog content plan in place, with focused, researched and optimized articles ready to be published each week. Of course, it takes a lot of time and effort – so Scribly’s blog writing services are here to help.
If you’re set on start a blog for yourself, though, here are our top tips:
- Create a content calendar: For your blog to be successful, you need to have a long-term plan built around both your core values and the interests of your readers. We recommend planning content 3 months in advance.
- Publish content regularly: The best blogs are regularly updated with fresh new content, so you ideally want to post once a week to get your blog off the ground. You can then decrease your publication rate as you populate your blog. We’d also recommend launching your blog with at least 10 articles, so there’s plenty of content for readers to get stuck in.
- Showcase your expertise: If you’re writing a blog on a given topic, you need to have the authority and expertise to address said topic. Make sure you highlight your credentials, use trusted sources, and adequately answer key customer queries.
- Optimize your content: Wherever possible, you want your content to follow SEO best practices so that it helps you rank for relevant keywords and increases your organic visibility.
- Only publish high-quality content: Create content that is valuable, informative, and engaging for your audience. Focus on providing value and building a relationship with your readers.
- Promote your blog: From social media to email marketing, you want to share your blogs across a range of marketing channels to drive traffic to it. This will not only help to engage your readers but build a community around your blog.
- Track performance: Analyze the performance of your blogs to assess which perform best – then produce more of that type of content.
Partner with the right content agency: If you don’t have the in-house resource needed to consistently deliver fresh content, why not partner with a content agency that can plan, craft, and post your content for you? Try Scribly’s blog content writing services for yourself.