At Scribly, we help a large range of businesses across a variety of industries create content plans, so we understand better than anyone how important it is to find the right partner for your content marketing. Below are our top tips for ensuring your hire an agency that works for you.
- Find out more about their product offering – Do they offer the type of content you’re looking to create? What’s their turnaround time? Can they deliver everything needed within your timeline? Understand exactly where their content expertise lies and get a written confirmation of their expected completion date.
- Get a quote – Whether you have a set budget for your project or need a price to get sign off from your superiors, make sure you get a quote for the services you need and a list of actions included in that cost. We also recommend asking for the terms of contract and ensuring you’re not tied in long term.
- Ask for samples – Do they have expertise in your field? Have they worked for other businesses in your industry before? Ask them to share samples of their past work, including the type of content you’re looking to create (e.g. a blog post) and the industry you work in (e.g. recruitment)
- Book a chemistry call – Work is just more fun when you collaborate with people you like. Why not have a video call or face-to-face meeting to see if the agency and its employees are the right fit.
- Speak to more than one agency – Getting multiple quotes and speaking to multiple agencies will help you find the right quality of service at your best price.
- Be willing to collaborate – A content marketing agency will need guidance around your brand values, tone of voice, goals, and other marketing endeavors. Creating a marketing plan will take some initial input from you.