We’d love to say there’s a magic number here but the truth is the ideal frequency of marketing emails can vary depending on your audience, industry, and the type of content you’re sending.
As a general rule, though, you should avoid bombarding your subscribers with emails on a daily basis, as this can lead to unsubscribes and complaints. You want to find that perfect balance and find a frequency that keeps your audience engaged without overwhelming them.
Our best advice is to test and learn:
- Remember, quality over quantity. Always. Focus on sending high-quality, valuable, and relevant content rather than overwhelming your subscribers with frequent but less meaningful emails.
- Segment your email list based on customer preferences, behaviors, and interests, so you can send them more targeted and personalized content.
- Offer your subscribers the option to choose their email frequency preferences during the sign-up process. This will not only empower them but help you assess what the most popular frequency is.
- Don’t forget to A/B test.
- Rely on data (we’re talking open rates, click-through rates, and unsubscribe rates) to assess if you’re sending too many or too few emails.