When writing content for a website, you should:
- Have a clear message you want to convey
- Know your audience and their needs
- Be clear on how you communicate and what tone of voice to adopt
- Perform keyword research to decide which keywords to target
- Ensure the copy is optimized and well-structured
If we’re being honest, though, unless you have an in-house content writer, you’re better off working with a content agency that has specialist website copywriters. They’ll convey your key message in an engaging and beautifully crafted way that will really resonate with your audience.